Your privacy is important
Kinds of personal information we collect
We collect and hold personal information about customers and potential customers, contractors and other people who come into contact with us, including users of Toast the Locals (you or your).
The kinds of personal information we may collect and hold may include:
- your name, date of birth, address, phone number, e-mail address;
- your geographic location;
- your debit or credit card details;
- data about your use of Toast the Locals and our services, such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, page views and navigation paths, length of visit to pages, details about the number of times you use Toast the Locals or our services, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access Toast the Locals or our services; and
- any other information you provide to us when you use Toast the Locals or our services.
How we collect personal information
We will generally collect personal information about you directly by way of forms and other documents or information you submit to us (whether in paper or electronic form), correspondence you provide to us and telephone calls or meetings with you. Without limitation, we may collect personal information about you that you provide or which is otherwise generated through your use of Toast the Locals or any other services we may make available from time to time.
If we are unable to collect personal information relating to you, we may be unable to provide you with certain of our goods or services or continue our relationship with you.
Purposes of collection
The personal information we collect and hold about you depends on your interaction with us. Generally, we will collect, hold and use personal information about you if it is directly related to, or reasonably necessary for, the performance of our functions and activities and for the purposes of:
- facilitating your access to, and use of, Toast the Locals;
- providing you with our goods and services;
- answering any questions or inquiries you direct to us;
- facilitating our internal business operations, including the fulfilment of any legal requirements;
- for other purposes which are reasonably necessary in connection with our normal functions and activities;
- to provide you with marketing materials in relation to offers, specials, products and services we consider may be of interest to you;
- analysing our services and customer needs with a view to developing new or improved services; and
- as otherwise required or permitted by applicable laws and regulations.
How we use and disclose personal information
Generally, we will only use or disclose personal information about you for the purposes for which it was collected (as set out above). We may disclose personal information about you to:
- service providers and partners, who assist us in operating our business;
- any industry body, tribunal and/or court in connection with any complaint made by you about us; and
- any other organisation or person with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
We do not typically or routinely disclose personal information to overseas recipients, although this may change over time.
How we hold personal information
We are committed to protecting your personal information and we implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to help protect the security of your personal information. However, please note that no system is ever completely secure.
We may hold personal information in different ways, including in paper form, electronic form and/or in other mediums. While we have taken steps that are reasonable in the circumstances to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, we cannot guarantee that such misuse, interference, loss, or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure will not occur.
We may de-identify your personal information or aggregate it in such a way that it cannot be used to identify you. We may disclose de-identified information for any reason we see fit, including to advertisers and other third-parties for their commercial, marketing, research and promotional purposes.
Our de-identification procedure involves:
- removing personal identifiers;
- removing or altering other information that may allow you to be identified; and
- continuously assessing and managing the risk of re-identification.
Direct marketing communications
From time to time we may use your personal information to provide you with marketing materials in relation to offers, specials, products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. If you would not like to receive direct marketing materials from us you may notify us using the contact details set out below.
How to obtain access to your personal information
You may request access to personal information which we hold about you by contacting us using the contact details set out below. When you request copies of your personal information held by us we will endeavour to provide you with such copies as soon as reasonably practicable.
We may require you to verify your identity and specify what personal information you require. There may be occasions when access to personal information we hold about you is denied. Such occasions would include (without limitation) where release of the information would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others.
Accuracy and completeness of personal information
We assume that any personal information provided by you is accurate and complete. If you believe the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please notify us immediately. You may request that we update or vary personal information that we hold about you using the contact details listed below.
How to make a complaint about a breach of your privacy rights by us
If you are of the view we have breached the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the Australian Privacy Principles or any related privacy code (to the extent that they are applicable to us) in dealing with your personal information, you may make a complaint by writing to us using the contact details below and we will take reasonable steps to investigate the complaint and respond to you.
Anonymity and pseudonyms
You have the option of not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym when dealing with us in relation to privacy matters unless we are required by law or a court/tribunal to deal with individuals who have identified themselves or it is impractical for us to deal with you if you have not identified yourself in the circumstances.
Changes to this policy